Breastfeeding Plus New Mother Comfort Measures
with Khefri Riley, CD, CLEC, CPYT
Breastfeeding can seem like a mystery. The act of feeding your child can be wonderful but challenging at times, when the initial hurdles and learning curves are present. This class is an introduction to the most important things to be aware of before beginning to breastfeed and helpful pointers on the initial postpartum period. Partners are strongly encouraged to attend. You will learn how to get started, what to expect in those first weeks home, and where to get support. You will also gain a cozy confidence in knowing how the postpartum experience unfolds when you return home with your new baby.
This class will cover:
- The Science of Breastmilk, Basic Anatomy and Physiology;
- Positioning + Latch Demonstration and Practice;
- Common Myths, Advantages, Concerns + Solutions;
- Your Breastfeeding Plan;
- Tips + Strategies for Emotional + Physical Comfort After Birth;
- Support Systems + Resources.
Space is limited + pre-registration is a MUST | $100/couple
Register on the happy baby mind body website below.